Criminal Lawyer Orange County… Do you need one?
Criminal Lawyer Orange County
Best Criminal Lawyer Orange County
Are you thinking about possibly hiring an attorney? Can’t decide if you’ll need a criminal lawyer or not? Not every legal matter requires the use of a criminal defense lawyer. However, in many situations involving a legal dispute or challenge, you may not wish to risk going alone without the advice of an experienced criminal lawyer who can help. Listen to these reasons why it would be best to hire a criminal lawyer in serious situations:
- A Criminal Lawyer Orange County knows how to challenge evidence. A key piece of evidence against you could have been improperly obtained or a testimony of a witness contradicts an earlier statement. Your criminal attorney will find recognize these major points, especially if the crime lab didn’t handle the evidence properly.
- The Law is complicated. An experienced criminal lawyer usually doesn’t even represent themselves in court. A solid case can quickly unravel without the help of a trained and emotionally detached attorney. Failing to hire a criminal lawyer when starting a business, reviewing a contract or embarking on other endeavors with potential legal ramifications can result in otherwise avoidable pitfalls.
- Not having a criminal lawyer Orange County can actually cost you more. A criminal case may determine whether or not you spend time behind bars, while a civil case could hurt you financially. Usually a criminal attorney doesn’t collect a dime unless they win your case. Also, you may be able to claim legal fees as a plaintiff in a civil case, so hiring a criminal lawyer can actually save or make you money.
- A good criminal defense lawyer can strike up a good settlement offer or plea bargain. An experienced criminal attorney probably has seen similar cases to yours or at least knows enough to make a calculated guess about how it might resolve at trial. Sometimes a settlement is the best choice, while other times it makes more sense to see your case through to trial. A criminal defense lawyer also can help negotiate a fair settlement with the opposing party.
- A criminal lawyer understands how to properly file court documents and handle other legal procedures. If you aren’t a criminal defense lawyer, you may struggle with the deadlines and protocol for properly filling out and filing certain legal documents. One late or incorrect filing could derail your case, delay a given legal procedure or worse – have the case thrown out altogether (and not in your favor).
Hiring a criminal lawyer may not be cheap, but it can help get you out of a number of sticky situations such as bad divorce, lost job, DUI violation, broken agreements, lost claims, or jail time. Schedule a free consultation with criminal lawyer Orange County at Kenney Legal Defense to see how she can help you.